1. Veterans Affairs (VA) Healthcare: The VA provides healthcare services to eligible veterans, including treatment for mental health conditions related to military service.
To find out if you're eligible for VA healthcare and to enroll, visit the VA healthcare enrollment webpage (https://www.va.gov/health-care/how-to-apply/). You can also call the VA healthcare enrollment hotline at 1-877-222-8387.
2. VA Vet Centers: Vet Centers offer individual and group counseling, as well as support groups, to veterans and their families.
To find a Vet Center near you, visit the VA Vet Center webpage (https://www.vetcenter.va.gov/) or call the Vet Center Call Center at 1-877-927-8387.
3. National Center for PTSD: The National Center for PTSD offers information and resources on post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and other trauma-related mental health issues.
To access resources and information on PTSD, visit the National Center for PTSD website (https://www.ptsd.va.gov/) or call the PTSD Information Line at 1-800-273-8255.
4. Wounded Warrior Project: The Wounded Warrior Project offers a range of programs and services, including mental health support, to veterans and their families.
To get in touch with the Wounded Warrior Project, visit their website (https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/) or call their resource center at 1-888-997-2586.
5. Military OneSource: Military OneSource offers free, confidential counseling services to service members, veterans, and their families.
To access free, confidential counseling services, call Military OneSource at 1-800-342-9647 or visit their website (https://www.militaryonesource.mil/).
6. Give an Hour: Give an Hour is a nonprofit organization that provides free mental health services to veterans and their families.
To find a mental health provider near you who offers free services through Give an Hour, visit their website (https://giveanhour.org/) and click "Get Help" in the top right corner.
7. Operation Homefront: Operation Homefront offers financial assistance, counseling, and other support to military families.
To access support and resources through Operation Homefront, visit their website (https://www.operationhomefront.org/) or call their national office at 1-800-722-6098.
8. Team Rubicon: Team Rubicon is a nonprofit organization that mobilizes veterans to help with disaster relief efforts.
To volunteer with Team Rubicon or donate to their disaster relief efforts, visit their website (https://teamrubiconusa.org/) or email email@example.com.
It's important to note that contact information may vary depending on your location, so it's always a good idea to check the individual organization's website for the most up-to-date information.